July 14, 2012

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

The blog post is admittedly a little bit random, as it's a little bit of this and a little bit of that from the week. For instance, I found these cows outside the Love Love Studio in Teneriffe this week after the Teneriffe Festival last weekend. They reminded me of the old cows that used to be around Brisbane at the time of the EKKA (Brisbane's Royal Show).




Hubby and I have been working solidly on the 2nd bedroom this week with our goal to have the room complete by the 15th July (yes, this is tomorrow). We installed the shelves tonight, with the bottom one also acting as a bedside table. What do you think? Exhaustion from working nights is starting to set in, so we'll be glad to have a short break after this one. 



After meeting our renovating goals for the day, we were able to make it to a friend's cake testing. The bride and groom were undecided on the flavour of their cake, so they invited round some critics - I think this was a good idea and my stomach agreed. Here are the amazing cakes to test. The actual wedding cake will be tiered and use a different icing. 

My verdict - the caramel.

The decision - a chocolate layer, a marble layer and a caramel layer. Job well done! The cakes come care of the French Patisserie, in case you're wondering.  


I thought I'd leave you with something fun for the weekend, so here's Cookie Monster's version of Carla Rae Jepsen's song 'Call me Maybe'.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...