December 18, 2012

Instagram will have rights to sell your photos

I can't believe what the world is coming to sometimes! This morning it was announced that as of January 16, the photo application Instagram (bought out by Facebook earlier in the year) will have rights to sell your photos onto others. Nothing is sacred anymore!!

 Photo from The Australian

I have just spent the past 1/2 hour downloading my images before I deleted my account because I don't want just anyone to have access to my personal life and photos. It should be my choice what photos I choose to share over the net and who I choose to share them with - not the choice of someone I've never met, via a social media application. Instagram will essentially work like a stock photography site as of January 16, where companies can purchase images users upload and I don't know about you but I don't want to see a photo of my child or loved one plastered across promotional material around the country.

Please read more about the story here:
http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57559810-285/how-to-back-up-your-instagram-photos-and-delete-your-account/ 

Article in the Australian

To download your photos please head to instaport.me before you delete your account via www.instagram.com Click the button in the right hand corner under your profile section saying 'I'd like to delete my account'. Please note that once the account is permanently deleted, you will not have access to any photos you had on instagram and nor will you be able to use the same username in future, if you resign up. You have until January 16 to delete you account and old photos. After this point if you choose to delete your account, Instagram will still access your old photos.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...