January 2, 2013

New Year's Resolutions for 2013

Before I get into resolutions, I am 13 weeks today and officially past my first trimester - hurrah! Here's a picture of today's bump, before I went swimming this morning.


 It's day 3 of 2013 and I suppose it's about time I posted my New Year's Resolutions for the year but first I might look back on last year's resolutions and see how I went. My blog post last year said that my resolutions for 2012 were:

  • Learn to sew on my new sewing machine - I am happy to say that I have learnt to sew and although I'm still not very good at it, I completed a few skirts, a dress and some other bits and pieces in 2012.
  • Clean out the jungle that is our backyard - Nope, unfortunately still a jungle. Hello 2013 resolution.
  • Complete all 3 upstairs bedrooms - the first to be finished by next week's end - We managed to complete 2 of the 3 rooms and will probably finish the 3rd within a couple of weeks, with heaps of time to spare before the arrival of bub.
  • Create a design for the kitchen - Done but we still seem to change our mind every now and then.
  • Help my sister plan her wedding, as requested - Was able to help with a lot of print work. The wedding and bride were beautiful and made for a great 2012.
  • Read more - Definitely read more than 2011 and am ashamed to admit the last series I finished was Fifty Shades of Grey (a 1 out of 10 series - horrible writing!). My boss has now put me onto the Janet Evanovich novels. I must read something more worthy in 2013.
  • Try harder to save money - This didn't work with all the renovation and a trip to the snow but it is definitely a must for 2013.
  • Look after self better - skincare, dental etc. - I have gotten better at some of these things.
  • Try to live a healthier lifestyle and lose a bit of weight as a result - Nope, went the other way but I do have a bub on the way :p. I am getting into swimming and the moment and loving it. 
  • Be more proactive - not sure this should have been a resolution and not sure I was really more proactive. This one is hard to measure.
  • Try to maintain a tidy house - I have managed to clear some of the mess but I would still not describe the house as tody.
  • Cook at home more - hubby is still head chef around here but I am the dessert queen and I would say I've made a few more desserts over the last year.

Now for 2013. My new year's resolutions/things to achieve for this year are:
  • To get into regular exercise that is good for baby. I have opted for swimming at this stage but may switch to Yoga further down the track.
  • Plan a workshop to clear the backyard 'jungle' before bub arrives.
  • Get rid of everything I no longer need that is taking up precious storage.
  • Finish the master bedroom and shift the rooms around to rearrange for bub's room. 
  • Make a start to the kitchen renovations. 
  • Save like my life depends on it. 2013 is the year to be stingy for me, as government pay will only last me so long after bub is born and before I go back to work. 
  • Cook more dinner meals and be less reliant on hubby doing it.
  • Be less self-conscious.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...