April 16, 2012

The Awkward Moment When...


Image from College Wife

My birthday came round last Friday and as part of my birthday, I received free tickets to the Albion Sit Down Comedy Club. I booked tickets to the Saturday show and went along with my husband in the evening. We were seated in a couple area with tables less than 30cms next to one another. This would have be fine aside from the fact that the couple next to us decided to have a loud argument and break up before the first act. I was about to console the girl when the guy came back and they continued to fight it out for the following acts.

I can't begin to tell you how awkward this was to sit next to and of all the places to break up, how inappropriate a comedy club is. The guy continued to laugh but the girl did not. I'm now intrigued to know if anyone has ever had a break up at an inappropriate venue.

2 comments:

  1. are you sure they werent part of the act? ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there was a side act that night :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...