April 30, 2012

Magical Melbourne

It's not too often that I get the chance to travel outside my own state these days, so I must admit I am very thankful to my husband for giving me the heads up to visit Melbourne this weekend and go bridesmaid shopping with my sister (for her wedding). I am also secretly relishing the opportunity to explore the state.

  Photo courtesty of Wikipaedia

Melbourne has always been a sister city to Brisbane for me and I know if I were ever to move away from Brisbane, it would be to live and work in Melbourne. There's just something I like about its culture, arts and the people. Hubby was a Victorian too, maybe there's something in that. It reminds me a lot of London, where I have lived previously. You must admit their tourism ads are also quite intriguing and catchy, do you remember 'Run, Rabbit Run' or this ad....  



Places I intend to visit for the first time this trip:
- Brighton (always wanted to see the famous changing sheds)
- Some of the Yarra wineries e.g. Domaine Chandon, De Bartolini and The Yering
- A Dandenong garden or two e.g. Cloudehill and the National Rhododendron Garden
- The Prahan and Brunswick Markets (I've heard great things)
- Zara (yay for it coming to Melbourne)

My Favourite Haunts:
- Brunetti's in Croydon
- Chapel Street in South Yarra
- Docklands
- Southbank
- Acland Street in St. Kilda

Other possible places to visit:
- The Berlin Bar
- Laneways with graffiti art (always love the great photos they make)
- The Croft Institute
- Chadstone Shopping Centre
- Cheltenham DFO

Melbournites, do you have anymore suggestions? Is there anything in or around Melbourne that I should see this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I hope there is going to be a follow-up blog of all the place you DID go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...