May 9, 2012

Melbourne in May

Day 1 - Yarra Wineries & the Dandenong Region

I was lucky enough to spent the long weekend in Melbourne and its beautiful surrounding countryside. Instead of my normal Melbourne shopping trip, I decided to do something a little different this time and hire a car to explore the Yarra and Dandenong Region, which turned out to be quite pretty in Autumn, as you will see from the photos below. I also learnt a lot about my independence on the Friday by myself and how determined and strong I can be...no matter how lost I get :).

 Kangaroo Grounds Memorial Tower Lookout
The Perfect Wedding Setting at the Fergusson Winery

Yering Station - the oldest winery in the area

 Domaine Chandon and its famous sparkling
 Skyhigh at the top of Mount Dandenong - well worth the $5 entry

Day 2- Brunswick Street, Chadstone & Carlton

With my sister meeting a friend for breakfast, I once again tested my independence and ordered breakfast for one at a restaurant. It actually didn't feel too bad and the meal was amazing. We then picked up my sister's other bridesmaids and explored Chadstone, where we saw George from Masterchef Australia whilst dining at Koko Black. Following our Chadstone outing, we had a nice Pasta meal in a restaurant off Lygon Street, followed by ordering takeaway desserts from Brunetti. 

 Green Eggs and Ham does exist on Brunswick Street

 One of my favourite haunts - Brunetti
Day 3 - City & Chapel Street

With no shopping success at Chadstone, we shopped for bridesmaid dresses in the city, followed by Chapel Street. This included stops along the way at Little Cupcakes and Ganache Chocolate. We managed to find the perfect dresses in a Chapel Street store, before going out to dinner at Cumulus but after a drink at the Sofitel's Atrium Bar.


 Little Cupcakes store, Degraves Street
 Street Art in the city

 Cocktails at the Atrium Bar, at the Sofitel

   Shared Plate at Cumulus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...