April 15, 2013

A Weekend of Birthdays

Last weekend was definitely a weekend for birthdays, despite the rain and the little bit of renovating we got done. I celebrated my 20 something birthday and a friend celebrated her 30th birthday on the Saturday and then my mum celebrated her 60th birthday with family on Sunday night. I was indeed spoilt by family and friends between receiving maternity clothes, Tupperware, money and cabin bags for travel. I also managed to purchase the mattress I had been wanting for my Boori cot.

 The cot is finally set up

I went out with my immediate family Saturday night to celebrate and really should have booked somewhere but we were happy to stumble upon the Craft Restaurant and Bar, who thankfully weren't booked out. The Craft Restaurant and Bar is located on the corner of Park Rd. and Railway Tce., Milton and whilst it may appear as if it's just your ordinary pub from the street, it is much more on the inside. The food was also amazing. I had this delicious pasta and pork belly meal for dinner and a Rhubarb Tarte Tatin for dessert. This place was a real find! 

mmm pasta with Pork Belly

Sunday night was a planned surprise event for my mum that was to include all the family but unfortunately some of the family members had to cancel that afternoon, due to the birth of my cousin's little girl that day. So it was happy tidings but unfortunate timing. Nonetheless, we still had 10 people in attendance to the Mud Dessert Bar in Bulimba, on Oxford Street. Their desserts were to die for and hats off to the chef. My dessert was definitely in my top 10 list. Here's just a couple of their desserts that were on our table...

 Death Row
(amazingly everyone got through their dessert)
 Rocky Road Sundae
   Ferrero
(complete with hazelnut floss)

A surprise party wouldn't be complete without a few balloons, so I'd like to thank Spartys (at Spotlight) for putting these together for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...