May 2, 2013

The Macaron vs. Macaroon Debate

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bit of a grammar nazi and happy to be called so. I think someone was trying to test me when I fell head over heels for a man who has atrocious spelling. Thankfully, I'm horrid at maths, so it all worked out in the end.

One small thing that has always perplexed me is the incorrect use of macaron and macaroon, when ordering dessert. I had a bit of a laugh when I came across this article this afternoon from Urbanspoon. The author has clearly outlined the difference and as I'm always telling people, a macaroon is a hard biscuit and a macaron is more meringue-like and melt in your mouth. In my mind, one is a lot more delicious than the other. If you read my blog, you'll know which one that is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...