February 8, 2012

Poaching a Chicken

It's at this point that I'd love to tell you this post is about my husband's morbid fear of spiders but alas, I am actually talking about the art of poaching food. I attempted it tonight for the first time with chicken breast and the end result was a very succulent morsel (apologies to the vegetarians!). The process is really easy too...

1. Place the chicken in a heavy pot snuggly and cover with water and bring it to the boil. Reduce it to a low simmer, straight after it boils. Leave it at this temperature for 10 minutes.


2. Take it the off heat and leave for 15 - 20 minutes in the water. The result will be something similar to my below cut up chicken (subsequent to poaching).


3. You can then serve your chicken or use it for something else. I made enchiladas.


Here's my catch up on February Photo a Day:

Day 7 (of 29) Challenge - Buttons

Day 8 (of 29) Challenge - Sun


Sun? What sun? Brisbane decided to rain on my parade today. This was the best photo I could get of today's 'sun'. Note the sun colours on Chalk and Cheese's A Frame :).

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm poaching chicken all the time. I cut/ shread/ mangle it into tiny bits and add it to veggies for baby food. Super easy and freezes well. I love the enchilada idea though...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...