May 11, 2014

What a Difference a Good Camera Makes

Between motherhood and hubby working late nights and weekends, my blog has unfortunately suffered these past couple of months. I became particularly aware of this over the weekend when one of my friends pointed out to me that she often visits but there is nothing new to read. Another friend pointed out to me a blog she often reads run by a multi-tasking mother. Well that was it...I'm determined to fix this problem, starting now!

I love my friends to the moon and back and sometimes their generousity is overwhelming. A friend was recently back from the UK and decided to give away her SLR camera for free on Facebook. I was unfortunately a bit late in putting my hand up for it, as I saw the post later than others. However, she let me know that if she didn't see her acquaintance before she left, the camera was mine. I thought nothing more of it, until she turned up to our regular coffee catch up and gave it to me. I was left dumbfounded. I have been after an SLR for years, as I really need a good camera to take macro shots for selling items and long distance shots of scenery.

So I am now the proud owner of a Nikon D60 camera and two lenses. I have downloaded the manual to read and will get to it but I have been playing with the camera a bit anyway and trying to work out things for myself. Here's a few shots I'm pretty proud of already.

Cai Guo-Qiang Falling Back to Earth
(GOMA Exhibit)

 A path near Enoggera Dam

 Yellow Tulips from my first Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...